Dr. Yang Su, Manager of New Technology and Applications at Microfluidics International Corp., was pleased to virtually present at the International Pharmaceutical Technology Symposium.
Microfluidics was pleased to participate in the 40th anniversary of the International Pharmaceutical Technology Symposium (IPTS) 2022. The conference titled, “Shaping the Future of Pharmaceutics,” was a 3-day virtual conference with global lecturers from various fields of pharmaceutical sciences.
Current pharmaceutical topics and challenges addressed included: “Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing Solutions”, “Rare Diseases and Orphan Drugs”, “Data Science and Cyber Tools in Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing Sciences” and “Interchangeability of Pharmaceuticals: Current Status and Future Outlook”.
During this symposium, Dr. Yang Su, of Microfluidics International Corp., presented:
Scalable Microfluidizer® Technology for Pharmaceutical Drug Delivering Nanoparticle Manufacturing
With nanoparticle drug delivery becoming increasingly popular, Dr. Su provided insight into the pharmaceutical manufacturing challenges facing these platforms such as particle size/size distribution, sterilization issues, regulatory requirements, process repeatability and scalability. Case studies of Microfluidizer® technology's role in contributing to the success of specific customers' nanoparticle manufacturing were also given.
- Who is Microfluidics International Corp.?
- Unique benefits of Microfluidizer® technology
- Drug delivering nanoparticles and key challenges during development and manufacturing
- How Microfluidizer® technology solves those challenges in producing various nanoparticle delivery platforms
- The Microfluidic Product Line - from lab to commercial scale production
Dr. Yang Su is a distinguished and highly sought-after speaker on a wide variety of applications ranging from lipid nanoparticles, cell disruption, nanoemulsions and more. Yang is a member of the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientist and Controlled Release Society.
An expert in numerical simulations, such as computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and finite element analysis (FEM), Dr. Yang Su is responsible for the overall direction and development of new technology and new application development at Microfluidics International Corporation, as well as sharing responsibility for business line strategy of new technologies.
- 2007 PhD, Chemical and Environmental Engineering, The University of Toledo
- 2000, BS, Chemical Engineering, Tsinghua University
- 2012 - present, Microfluidics International Corporation
- 2018-present, Manager, New Technology and Applications
- 2015-present New Technology Manager
- 2012-2014, Senior Research Engineer